Monday 5 September 2016

Early Fall in Vancouver

Well I haven't posted anything for months, and much has happened (but suffice to say 2016 hasn't been a great year). Seems ironic that with the onset of Fall, I'm saying "here's to new beginnings".

August and early September in Vancouver seems the time for "not much" other than Cyclamen and Fall flowering bulbs. This is my first year with Cyclamen hederifolium - two white ones from the naturalized population in Victoria, and one young pink flowering plant that I bought or won from the Alpine Garden Club of BC. I can't remember....


Cyclamen hederifolium from the naturalized population in Victoria.


Another Cyclamen hederifolium from the naturalized population in Victoria. I hot these as gifts from folks in the Victoria Rock and Alpine Gardening Society.


Cyclamen hederifolium I bought or won from the Alpine Garden Club of BC.


Colchicum autumnale I won or bought from the Alpine Garden Club of BC.


Same Colchicum - and there are more on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment